I wasn’t quite sure how to go about this, because I apparently have disappointingly few really guilty pleasures. But both shaterri and ladyperegrine tagged me for this, so…
- 1950s Americana food: meat loaf, casseroles, the ambrosia salad I mentioned in my last entry. When I’m feeling creative I try to play around with reconstructions and variations that would not scare off people who, say, run from the mention of “meat loaf.”
- Years ago I read a fair amount of series fantasy and science fiction, but it stopped being a pleasure; a lot of sf/fantasy writing is pedestrian and series tend to concentrate the worst aspects. I did just read _The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency_ and may read more in that series, though (mystery, not sci-fi).
- Again, over the last few years I’ve been getting away from TV that makes me feel vaguely guilty for watching it. Of course, thanks to my housemates I’ve been watching a lot of the “Adult Swim” shows, which often make me feel vaguely like washing after watching. Does that count?
- Country. Sometimes even the Nashville pop stuff like Jamie O’Neal and Terri Clark, although it’s more likely to be “alt country” like James McMurtry, Kelly Willis or Cross Canadian Ragweed. I have XM’s alt country station set as a preset. (Gasp!)
- Nobody currently comes to mind as a celebrity I’m interested in/have a crush on. Many years ago I had a crush on Darryl Hannah.
I’m not sure who I can actually tag who hasn’t done this already. Hm. jadedfox, dracosphynx and… anyone else who’s interested in spite of themselves.