How did you spend your weekend?
- Write 3 plugins in PHP for Textpattern
- Discover 2 bugs in Textpattern
- Fix the easy bug
- Find stupid workaround for other bug
- Realize that while I said illustrations could be 600 pixels wide, the way I’ve written the style sheets makes ones longer than the fixed-width text box jut out to the right
- Fix the style sheets in a way that makes the illustrations work and breaks everything else
- Fix style sheets in better way
- Chew on leg
- Add things to the style sheets like epigraphs, multi-level subheadings, “about the author” blocks, information/image blocks for reviews, etc.
- Write three or four pages of missing content
- Decide I need to have a nonfiction article so the section isn’t empty, pull out my kitsune article that appeared in “Fuzzy Logic” years ago
- Hope nobody notices that using my article violates my own writers’ guidelines, prepare I’m the editor neener neener defense in case I’m called on it
- Chew off leg
- Remove the rewrite rules that block off the site, or in non-webgeek terms: press the big red button
As of about 15 minutes ago, Claw & Quill is live. I haven’t announced it anywhere else yet—consider this a “soft opening” for you folks to look at and give me feedback on, to find the inevitable broken things.
Now, time to get ready for bed.